Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th and Etsy Front Page

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! I am not really superstitious but it is always interesting to note when the 13th day of a month lands on a Friday.

Contrary to superstition, I had some luck today and one of my pairs of earrings in my shop ended up on the front page of www.etsy.com. I woke up to 30 new shop hearts and 36 new item hearts on the earrings that were in the treasury list. It was fellow seller santabarbaradesigns that let me know the reason for all my new hearts was because my earrings were on the front page.

Here is what the front page looked like. If you are looking for your front page screenshots check out Etsy Front Page on Flickr:

This is a close-up of the Purple Haze Briolette Earrings that were featured. This is the third time I have been on the front page (to my knowledge) and it seems like the way to get on the front page is to have really well taken and interesting photography. I like to use a very simple back ground that only has a hint of a pattern to it and the first photograph for my listings is usually taken close up and at an interesting angle with the further away part of the item out of focus.

The matching Purple Haze Briolette Necklace can also be found in my shop. As a set they make a simple, modern pair that could be worn for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment