Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Eagle Returns

We were all sitting having pancakes the other morning when one of us spotted an eagle standing down near the river. Seeing eagles is not a huge surprise to us but they are always wonderful to watch. The salmon starting running up the river about a week ago so the eagle was probably waiting for a catch. A moment or two later another eagle joined it's friend by the river and the first sat down. This is the photo that I took as I was slowly making my way down to the river and then the second photo was taken quite close to the eagles.

A couple of days before we saw a black bear wander slowly through the garden twice!! Our guess is that it was trying to get to the river but there was a fence in the way so it walked back through the garden to find another route. Unfortuntely I didn't get a photo because I was so stunned that we saw a bear walking through the garden the first time and the second time it walked through I was just not expecting it!

I will never get enough of the nature that can be seen out of the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment