Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Eagle Spotting

Yesterday I was sitting watching the birds play in the ocean as the rain fell rapidly from the sky and then I noticed a speck on the pylons that used to be the dock for an old steam boat. I grabbed my camera and threw on some shoes but there was no time to get a coat. This was the first photo I took.

I got to the pebbly beach and tried to be quite as I got closer and closer to the pylon but it was starting to really pour at this point. I slipped on a plank of wood that must have been washed up by the sea but managed to keep my balance. The zoom on my camera is not very good so I was having to get very close before you could see what I was trying to capture. The shutter clicked and this was the image that I got.


An adult eagle was scared off by me getting so close and the photo of an eagle on a pylon that I was trying to get became even more beautiful as the bird took flight at the same time as I pressed the button.

No comments:

Post a Comment