Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Old Becomes New - Rediscovering Beading Supplies

Many artists seem to have a studio full of supplies, many of which have been around for a long time and are no longer looked at or used. I am no exception and recently have been trying to go through beading and jewelry supplies that I have had for a while as I have a lot of supplies.

I was sitting on the floor of my studio surrounded by containers and containers of beads. There is nothing wrong with any of these supplies, I just seem to have forgotten about many of them and moved on to other designs and styles. As I sat there surrounded I became so revived and inspired by the supplies. I made 4 new necklaces that are not like designs that I have ever made before but they are using supplies that have moved across the country and from to so many different apartments that I have lost count.

Some times the old can help you to create the new. These are the result of that inspiration:

Glass bead and sterling silver necklaces.

1 comment:

  1. nice designs! these multi-colored necklace can go with any of my dresses.

    visit my blog... http://discoverlifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete