Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All That's Gold - New Gold Jewelry Designs for Summer

The warmer weather approaching and lots of craft shows coming up over the summer has been incredibly inspiring and I am really geared up for making new designs. I am really get back into designing mode after not creating very many new pieces for the first half of 2010.

One thing I have been meaning to add more of to my shop is gold jewelry. There are three different types of gold findings that I work with; gold plated, vermeil and gold filled. Gold filled is the best quality and can be worn by people who have allergies to other metals but are ok with wearing gold jewelry. The different names can be confusing so here are some simple descriptions to make it more clear.

Gold Plated: Base metal that has a thin layer of gold plating.
Vermeil: Sterling silver that has a thin layer of gold plating.
Gold Filled: Base metal with a thick layer of permanently bonded gold

Here are the new gold designs that I have come up with recently. There will be many more to come as I have just ordered more gold filled supplies which will be arriving in the coming weeks!


Moraccan Drop Necklace - Gold Plated

Green Twist Earrings - Gold Filled

Gold Ceramic Heart Necklace - Gold Filled

Pair of Swallows Necklace - Gold Plated

1 comment: