Sunday, June 1, 2008

Being Prepared for a Show

My show was a success this afternoon and I was really pleased with the number of people that came and the amount that was sold.

Here are a few things to remember when preparing for a show:
  • clearly label jewelry with price and materials used
  • don't forget change for your float
  • bring a bottle of water, if it is busy you won't be able to leave your table
  • a calculator is always helpful
  • sales sheets that you write what you sold and for how much are very useful
  • mirrors handy for customers are a must
  • good lighting is more important than we ever realize
  • make sure you have enough credit card slips
  • more pens are always better because someone always walks off with one by accident!
  • think carefully about packaging materials, this creates a huge impression on a customer
  • bring more business cards than you think you need, you don't want to run out

I am sure that my list could go on for miles but there is a small start of things that I thought about before my show this time. Shows can be a lot of fun as long as you are prepared and have everything you need with you. Having the chance to interact with customers is a great opportunity to make new customers for life if you create the right impression and give the buyer a good buying experience.

Hope all your shows are successful shows!

Louisa

3 comments:

  1. Glad you've gotten into posting more AND that you're having a successful trip to Vancouver! Yay Luli :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your list of supplies but where do i purchase them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this post... I am looking forward to eventually getting into shows and this will help me a little. :)

    ReplyDelete